- Science: (understanding about the environment and plastic pollution via the Seabins project) – Everyday materials/ Living things and their habitats / Working scientifically / Animals
- Physical Education
Suitable for: KS2
Time required: 1 hour to a full school day
Location: Whitehaven Harbour, the local area, some activities can be run in school
Please note that some activities are free but others have costs depending on number of instructors required. All equipment is provided.
WHYP offer a variety of both outdoor and indoor activities:
- Indoor: Climbing/bouldering or archery inside our sports hall or sports like table tennis and 5-A-Side, Badminton, etc.
- Outdoor in Whitehaven Marina: Canoe/Kayak/Paddle boarding and an environmental project around Seabins
- Outdoor in Lake District: Climbing, ghyll scramble or undertake expeditions like Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or overnight residential in tents. Wild swimming and water safety
The main aims of these activities are around:
- teambuilding, outdoor learning, adventure along with sport
- the natural environment and plastic pollution in our seas and oceans is a project the WHYP are running within the local marina.