The following Lesson Plans can be downloaded and used…
Contract to Cube-It
A ready-to-go practical primary lesson promoting a broad range of mathematical and business skills, with a healthy mix of competition and collaboration between teams.
The aim of this practical activity is for learners to recognise and simulate how businesses add value and speculate wealth. Aside from the business context, the activity itself is rich in mathematical skills:
- Manipulation of 3D shape and use of surface area
- Evaluating information, planning, organising and formulating a strategy
- Costing, pricing, buying, selling and resource management
Recommended time: Minimum 2 hours (can be extended indefinitely)
Recommended groups sizes: 4-6
Recommended for year groups: Yr5/6 (although has proven to work well in a mixed age environment)
Instructions: Please click/tap on the Zip file below to download to your computer (usually your Downloads folder or Desktop). Once downloaded, open the Zip file to see the lesson files it contains.
© RedPikeEducationLtd 2019. This resources is free to use but must not be replicated for commercial gain.
Do you want FREE STEM resources for your school?
Do you want to develop your pupils skills?
Do you want to take part in our fantastic FREE CPD sessions for TEACHERS & PARENTS?
STEMFirst are proud to coordinate the STEM Ambassadors Hub for Lancashire and Cumbria working with our Cumbrian colleagues at C-STEM.
This is a special bulletin to offer Cumbrian PRIMARY and SECONDARY Schools the opportunity to :
- Attend our FREE CPD for Teachers, Employers and Parents
- Receive a FREE copy of our highly recommended ‘Engineering Fairy Tales’ resource
- Meet STEM Ambassador volunteers and find out how to link your school with local employers to inspire, inform and raise awareness of STEM.
STEM Lesson Plan Ideas
These STEM lesson plans were provided by Anna Powell and were used at Ashfield School to run an after school STEM club. Please feel free to use these to run STEM sessions in schools.
The BBC bitesize website has lots of ideas and activities for KS1 and KS2 children. All offerings are broken down by subject area. A fantastic free resource available to all.