Enter for a chance to win a trophy, book tokens and books for your school.
In collaboration with Cumbria County Council Libraries and Hills Books we are launching our World Book Day 2022 Poetry Competition. This fantastic competition will have three categories, EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
All you have to do is write a poem with the theme being ‘I had a Dream’
Some hints and tips:
- Study a favourite picture, perhaps from a calendar, a card or a book. Look out your window, go for a walk – what do you see?
- Write down any words that the picture says to you e.g summer, happiness, sky, trees, nature
- Add the names of any main colours e.g. brown, pink, green
- Take two words from the list e.g. sky, pink
- Write a sentence incorporating these words
- Repeat point 5 at least four times using different words in each sentence
- Juggle sentences around to form poem
- Using brightly coloured pens or calligraphy pens write out your poem
Enter for a chance to win a trophy, book tokens and books for your school
For all primary schools in Allerdale and Copeland
How to enter
Send your poem in to firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY 25TH MARCH
Don’t forget to tell us your name, your age, your school and which category you are in EYS, KS1 or KS2 and include your poem.