Remember to sign up for the FREE training sessions to help you get the most out of MS Teams and building your confidence in virtual delivery:
Session 1: Technical MS Teams: 7th December @ 15.45 (Fully Booked)
Session 2: Technical MS Teams: 10th December @ 15.45
Session 3: Building engagement and participation in a virtual setting: 14th December @10:30
Session 4: Building engagement and participation in a virtual setting: 17th December @10:30
Session 5: Are you interested in finding out more information on becoming a primary school governor? 8th December 2021 @18:30 (for about half an hour)
Each session is expected to be 30 to 45 minutes in duration.
MS Teams Training Overall Aims
Effective performance typically is governed by the ability to do the basics really well. These short interactive sessions will cover and build confidence to ‘get the basics right’ when working online with school groups.
Sessions 1&2: Technical MS Teams (suitable for teachers and business mentors)
- To build the confidence and capability to manage and get the most out of MS Team, Zoom, Skype platforms.
- Understand and know how to fix common technical challenges.
- Setting meetings up to enable / invite attendees to easily join.
- ‘Boosting bandwidth’ – top tips to increase and stabilise connections
Communicating and collaborating:
- Enabling web cameras, audio functions and chat
- How to remain calm and talk through / instruct attendees to activate collaboration functions
- Sharing files, word docs, ppts, pics and videos
- Annotation tools and whiteboards
Common technology challenges and how to fix them.
Session 3&4: Building engagement and participation in a virtual setting (suitable for business mentors)
- To build the confidence and capability to build engagement and interaction through online meetings with young people.
- Building a tool box of tools and techniques to build engagement when working online.
- Building interaction into a session plan – focusing on engagement as well as the content of the session
Communicating and collaborating:
- Opening and introducing sessions in a way that encourages contributions.
- Using personal presence, webcams, annotation tools and chat functions
- Getting proactive – encouraging contributions from quiet groups
- Staying calm and capable when the group doesn’t respond as expected.
Session 5: Are you interested in finding out more information on becoming a primary school governor?
If so, please join Helen Knowles from Inspiring Governance, who connect skilled volunteers interested in serving as school governors and trustees with local schools. It also provides free, expert support for volunteers and governing bodies, as well as for employers wanting to run programmes for their staff serving as school governors.
Helen is running this live virtual Q&A session, in conjunction with colleagues from the Governor Support Team (GST) and Learning Improvement Service so that you can hear all about what it’s like to be a school governor, the skills required and time commitments involved. It will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
More information can be found on our website: https://primarybusinesspartnership.zupe.uk/governors/
Date: 8th December 2021
Time: 18:30 (for about half an hour)