For the last couple of years we’ve been going into schools and offering Aspiration Sessions for the Primary School Children in Allerdale and Copeland. The sessions comprised of taking in 4-5 business volunteers to share their career journey with the children. Sharing the ups and downs and exploring career ideas with the children.
At the current time we are unable to go into schools but we’ve found a way in which you can still inspire and share your journey with the children.
Thank you for thinking about creating video about your career journey for the Primary Business Partnership. Below you’ll find some examples and some videos with hints and tips.
Click on logos below for examples of Aspiration online Career Films
Hints and tips
- Hi, my name is………… and I am a …………………
- If a local only: What Primary school and secondary school did you go to.
- What did you want to do when you grow up?
- How was school?
- Who inspires/inspired you?
- What did you do after you left school?
- What jobs have you had?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- What’s the best part of your job?
- What advice would you give someone wanting to get into your sort of work?
- If you were compared to an animal, which would it be and why?
Hints and tips
- Nothing fancy just you recording on your phone or PC. We will edit the film for you, just send us through the clip/s.
- If you are recording on your smartphone please film in landscape mode.
- If you can send us any separate images, photos of things you mention and send us your logo and we’ll incorporate into the film.
- Wear something bright and cheery (not heavily printed or striped)
- Think about how your seated. You need to be careful about the background you choose considering the current situation – not in an amazingly gorgeous garden! However, being outside somewhere is great as the light is so much better and more uplifting.
- Look at the camera (if using smartphone please film in the landscape mode)
- And finally, check whether your company needs to see your video before you send it to us to check the content.
Please contact: Claire.email@example.com if you have any other questions and to send over your clips.